Hello and happy Tuesday!
This week’s Top Ten theme is Most Anticipated Book Releases for the First Half of 2020.
My Most Anticipated Book Releases
Links, Publication Dates, and Blurbs
- Check, Please!, Book 2: Sticks and Scones by Ngozi Ukazu
- Pub. Date: April 7th
- Eric Bittle is heading into his junior year at Samwell University, and not only does he have new teammates―he has a brand new boyfriend!
- I love Eric “Bitty” Bittle.
- House Rules (Uptown #3) by by Ruby Lang
- Pub. Date: February 10th
- ROOMMATE WANTED to share a gorgeous sun-filled apartment in Central Harlem. Must love cats. No ex-husbands or wives need apply.
- Second chance contemporary about ex-spouses living together as roommates? Sign me up!
- Boyfriend Material by Alexis Hall
- Pub. Date: July 1st
- Wanted: One (fake) boyfriend. Practically perfect in every way
- Contemporary with fake boyfriends by a queer author whose writing I enjoy.
- Forever Strong (True Heroes #6) by Piper J. Drake
- Pub. Date: January 28th
- On the beautiful Hawaiian Islands, not all is paradise in this high-stakes, action-packed romantic suspense. He’ll risk his life for her . . . but will he risk his heart?
- A new-to-me author. Romantic suspense isn’t one of my go-to sub-genres, and I’m reading more of it in 2020.
- The Trouble With Hating You by Sajni Patel
- Pub. Date: May 12th
- A laugh-out-loud romantic comedy debut about first impressions, second chances, and finding the love of your life in the most unexpected way.
- Headliners (London Celebrities #5) by Lucy Parker
- Pub. Date: January 20th
- Sparks fly when two feuding TV presenters are thrown together to host a live morning show in Lucy Parker’s latest enemies-to-lovers contemporary romance.
- I love the author’s writing. The first book in the London Celebrities series, Act Like It, is one of my favorite books.
- Honor and Desire (Gold Sky #3) by Rebel Carter
- Pub. Date: January 29th
- For as long as anyone can remember Seylah Wickes-Barnes has been at the side of August Leclaire, her best friend and the boy her fathers took under their wing.
- A new-to-me author I’m excited to try! Historical is another sub-genre that I don’t read much of.
- A Sweet Mess by Jayci Lee
- Pub. Date: July 14th
- Korean-American author Jayci Lee delights with this delicious and light-hearted romantic comedy that readers will devour and ask for more.
- There is baking. 🙂
- Whiteout (Survival Instincts, #1) by Adriana Anders
- Pub. Date: January 28th
- Angel Smith is ready to leave Antarctica for a second chance at life. But on what was meant to be her final day, the research station is attacked. Hunted and scared, she and glaciologist Ford Cooper barely make it out with their lives…only to realize that in a place this remote, there’s nowhere left to run.
- I really liked the author’s Under Her Skin, a dark romance with an abuse survivor heroine.
- Real Men Knit by Kwana Jackson
- Pub. Date: May 19th
- When their foster-turned-adoptive mother suddenly dies, four brothers struggle to keep open the doors of her beloved Harlem knitting shop, while dealing with life and love in Harlem.
- Contemporary that takes place in Harlem and another new-to-me author.
Are you looking forward to reading any of these books? What are your most anticipated book releases of 2020? Let me know!